Saturday, September 4, 2010

EPL Fast-paced for Chamakh

By Chris Davie, goal.com

Marouane Chamakh has conceded he has been left fatigued from Arsenal’s gruelling pre-season regime.
The striker joined Arsene Wenger’s side on a free from Bordeaux this summer and he has admitted the intense training schedule in the summer is a stark contrast to what he was accustomed to in France.
"There is a different preparation between Bordeaux and Arsenal.” Chamakh told The Sun. "Here [in England] it's shorter but a lot more intense.
"For three weeks it's a real slog. But that's what my team-mates have been telling me that we need a massive pre-season to last the whole season, particularly since there is no break in December."
The Moroccan international scored on his home debut against newly-promoted Blackpool but has confessed the three games in which he has played have come as a shock.
"Matches over here are all played at 100 miles per hour. You have to be on edge all the time and you have the impression that the ball never goes out of play."
The 26-year-old believes he is adapting well to life in London and insists it will not take long for him to replicate his form which became vital to Bordeaux’s success in Ligue 1 two seasons ago.
"I'm very happy at the moment.
"I don't speak much English yet but I'm taking lessons and luckily there are a lot of French speakers already in the Arsenal dressing room.
"I take a lot of pleasure on the pitch. I can improve at this club. Up until now my performances have been OK.
"Even though I've given myself a dozen games to get used to the Premier League, I have a good feeling about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment