Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chamakh Settling In

Arsenal new boy Marouane Chamakh has declared he will improve once he settles into the hustle and bustle of Premier League life.

Chamakh, 26, has made a positive impression since signing on a free transfer from Bordeaux this summer and has already got on the scoresheet during the 6-0 victory against Blackpool. After proving himself as an effective marksman in Ligue 1 with 56 goals in 230 games, he has targeted a similar influence in his current surroundings.
Speaking to skysports.com while on international duty with Morocco, he said: "I am delighted to be back in my country as an Arsenal player.
"I am settling in well and the coach [Arsene Wenger] is doing his best to make me feel welcome at the club.
"I know that once I get settled, my game will improve a lot. The players have welcomed me also and I feel part of the family and the morale in the squad is good."
"We want to win the Premier League this season and we are all focused on that."
Chamakh’s decent start to life in English football is highlighted in the latest edition of the Castrol Rankings. The striker has risen 27 places and is now the 149th best player currently plying his trade in one of the top five leagues in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment