Monday, August 23, 2010

Video of Marouane Chamakh Interview on TF1

If you are a fan of Marouane who doesn't speak French, fear not!  Thanks to a friend I have a translation of the video interview he did with French station TF1.  This is the same channel that he was on as a commentator for the World Cup:

Translation:
Journalist :
"Friday morning, Marouane Chamakh leaves his hotel with the new Arsenal "Frenchie" Laurent Koscielny. A 10-minute journey to join the training grounds."
Journalist (joking) :
"I've heard that since you are here (Marouane & Laurent), we (the journalists) could attend the training."
Marouane (laughing) :
"No, not yet. Not yet, not yet."
Journalist :
"So I have to stop here?"
Marouane :
"Yes, that's it. I am sorry, Seb (his name), but..."
Journalist :
"On the agenda, a short training session but nothing that can compare with the heavy physical preparation that he has just been through/endured."
Marouane :
"I suffered a bit, yes. I suffered a bit at the beginning. I've been given a hard time. It was very hard for me."
Arsène Wenger :
"He suffered a lot, that's true. I think that first, maybe he indulged himself a bit during the holidays and so, he enjoyed good holidays. What is outstanding is that he didn't complain. He held on, he said nothing and he has worked."
Journalist :
"Last Sunday, the Gunners began the new season with a fussy/delicate away game against Liverpool. First, it was Steven Gerrard who welcomed the Moroccan (by tripping him in the match)."
Marouane :
"It is still hurting a bit but it is the Premier League, it is the football that is like that. I also like that (the way they play in England) and I know it will be like that with nearly all the blocks so I am ready."
Journalist :
"Far from being impressed, he does a little roulette that he stole from his friend Yoann Gourcuff." **
Marouane (laughing) :
"Yes, no, I am sorry Yo then. No, it is true that it is instinctive. When it is useful, yes it is good and I like that move/trick also."
Journalist :
"But, above all, Chamakh sparked off the equalizing goal at the last minute following that hand fault by Reina. Arsène Wenger is satisfied by his new player."
Arsène Wenger :
"I like his generosity. I like his altruism/selflessness. He is a very rare kind of striker because he plays for the others, he plays to highlight/emphasize the others."
Journalist :
"Fully integrated, the number 29 has nevertheless kept his Girondins' shinpads."
Arsène Wenger (reading a magazine) :
"What is happening here? This is Bordeaux?"
Journalist :
"The shinpads."
Arsène Wenger :
"What?"
Journalist :
'The shinpads."
Arsène Wenger :
"Oh, yes, yes. It is a bit of nostalgia. It is a wink at his former club. It doesn't offend me at all."
Marouane :
"I kept some of my habits. This is one of my first games and I reckon it is not normal to play with another club's stuff but it pleases me." *****
Journalist :
"Yesterday, the co-leader and newcomer Blackpool was in London. As soon as the 12th minute, Arsenal makes the visiting team give in. Arshavin gives an assist to Walcott and this is the first goal. Then, Rosicky triggers an action with Chamakh. He is ahead of Evatt. Penalty and red card. Arshavin scores the second goal. It is like a walkover for Arsenal and Theo Walcott, brilliant, scores again. Arsenal is leading 3-0 at half-time. Then, it is a 100% French goal with Bacary Sagna who centres from the right side to Diaby, who scores. 4-0. Then 5-0, with a hat trick from Walcott, his first one in the Premier League. Marouane Chamakh is close to scoring his first official goal but totally misses his shot. He redeems himself at the very end of the game, following this corner. 6-0 for that first home game. A happiness shared with Arsenal's supporters who are just wondering about one thing:"

Arsenal supporter :
"Marouane, do you dream of becoming an Arsenal legend?"

Marouane :
"Of course, of course. But I know I still have room for improvement. I will do everything to give the maximum. And then, if one day I can be a great player here, it will be extraordinary."

Note : The vids from the game are just several pics put together because TF1 doesn't have the broadcasting rights of the Premier League.

**  As much as I love Yoann, this move is not his...it's Zidane's!!!  He revolutionized the tap-turn around.

*****  I'm happy that he kept his Girondins shinpads!  It shows that Marouane was sincere when he told the fans they would always be a part of him!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting it here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Cecile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again ! I didn't log in the forum but just passed by and saw you aren't here anymore ? What happened ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! No, I'm not on there anymore. Just got tired of all the politics...you understand that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I understand. Sorry, it took me so long to answer but I didn't have Internet where I was. I have your email so I will send you a mail soon then, if you want, we can continue to chat.

    ReplyDelete